Seasonal White Fish & Vegetable Fajita w’ Quinoa & Seasonal Roasted Vegetables
|Seasonal white fish & vegetables||1 pack|
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Mexican spice mix for rice
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Enjoy the seasonal white fish & vegetables for breakfast by topping them with a poached egg, some roasted tomato and a slice or two of your favourite sourdough bread
The seasonal slaw works really well as a stir-fry mix too. Just toss it in a hot pan with the fish, a splash of soy sauce, freshly chopped herbs and some noodles for a quick lunch.
- Heat a saucepan over high heat until it gets really hot and begins to smoke.
- Add 1Tbs olive oil to the saucepan and carefully add in the seasonal white fish & vegetable mix.
- Stir-fry the seasonal white fish & vegetables in the saucepan for 4 - 6 minutes before removing from the heat and transferring them to a serving bowl. Aim to get a nice caramelisation on the vegetables before turning them out.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- In the mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon some hot rice into your bowl, top with some stir-fried white-fish & vegetables then add some seasonal slaw for a bit of crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 425g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||1800kJ (429Cal)||423kJ (101Cal)|
Ingredients: Brown Rice (36%) (Brown Rice, Water), Blue Grenadier (Hoki) (16%), Onion, Green Beans, Red Cabbage, White Cabbage, Cauliflower Leaves, Carrot, Green Capsicum, Red Capsicum, Yellow Capsicum, Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1.5%), White Wine Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Smoked Paprika, Sea Salt, Coconut Sugar, Cumin, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chilli Flakes, Black Pepper, Garlic, Dried Oregano. Contains Sesame Seeds.