White Bean Stew w’ Lentils & Seasonal Slaw
|White bean stew||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Fresh chopped parsley
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Add 2 cups of your favourite stock to the white bean stew and add the lentils to create a hearty lunch soup with some toasted sourdough.
Our seasonal slaw is a fantastic addition to a sweet potato hash with a poached egg for breakfast.
- Empty the White bean stew into a saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the lentils into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the lentils to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- In a mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing, then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon the hot lentils into your bowl, top with some white bean stew then add some seasonal slaw on the side for a bit of crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the lentils by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 475g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2030kJ (485Cal)||427kJ (102Cal)|
Ingredients: Green Lentils (32%) (Green Lentils, Water), Cannellini Beans (11%), Butter Beans (11%), Water, Onion, Red Onion, Celery, Olives (Green Olives (60%), Water, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Lactic Acid)), Cauliflower leaves, Carrot, Red Cabbage, White Cabbage, Olive Oil, Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1.5%), White Wine Vinegar, Garlic, Maple Syrup, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Tomato Paste (Concentrated Tomato Solids, Acid (Citric Acid)), Red Wine Vinegar, Dried Oregano, Sea Salt, Dried Thyme, Dried Parsley, Lemon Zest. Contains Sesame Seeds.