Vegetable Fajita Mix w’ Brown Rice and Seasonal Slaw
|Vegetable fajita mix||1 pack|
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Fresh sliced chilli
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Enjoy the vegetable fajita for breakfast, just top with a poached egg, some avocado and a slice or two of your favourite sourdough bread The seasonal slaw works really well as a stir-fry mix too. Just toss in a hot pan with a splash of soy sauce, freshly chopped herbs and some noodles for a quick lunch.
- Heat the saucepan over high heat until it gets really hot and begins to smoke.
- Add 1Tbs olive oil to the saucepan and carefully add in the vegetable fajita mix.
- Stir-fry the vegetable fajita mix in the saucepan for 3 - 5 minutes before removing from the heat and transferring them to a serving bowl. Aim to get a nice caramelisation on the fajita vegetables before turning them out.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- In the mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon the hot rice into your bowl and top with the vegetable fajita mix and then add some seasonal slaw for a bit of crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 400g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||1850kJ (443Cal)||464kJ (111Cal)|
Ingredients: Brown Rice (37%) (Brown Rice, Water), Onion, Large Flat Mushroom, Green Capsicum, Red Capsicum, Red Cabbage, White Cabbage, Cauliflower Leaves, Carrot, Yellow Capsicum, Canola Oil, Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1.5%), White Wine Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Sea Salt, Coconut Sugar, Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Chilli Flakes, Dried Oregano, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Garlic. Contains Sesame Seeds.