Shiitake & Miso Broth w’ Quinoa & Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
|Shiitake & miso broth||1 pack|
|Lemon & pepper cauliflower florets||1 pack|
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Lined baking tray
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Add some noodles and a soft-boiled egg to the Shiitake & Miso broth for a quick and easy ramen for lunch.
Mix the roasted lemon and pepper cauliflower florets together with the quinoa and add some dried apricots, goji berries, cashew nuts and spring onions to serve as a great lunchtime salad.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, season the lemon and pepper cauliflower florets with 1 Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Arrange the seasoned lemon and pepper cauliflower florets in a single layer on the prepared baking tray, and place in the oven to roast for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Empty the Shiitake & Miso broth into a saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the quinoa into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the quinoa to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- When the lemon and pepper cauliflower florets are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them to a serving dish
- Spoon some hot quinoa into your bowl and ladle on some Shiitake & Miso broth then add some roasted lemon and pepper cauliflower florets and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the quinoa by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 560g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||1590kJ (379Cal)||284kJ (68Cal)|
Ingredients: Quinoa, Water, Broccolini, White Cabbage, Carrot, Cauliflower leaves, Green Beans, Tofu (Soybean Extract (99%) (Water, Soybeans), Firming Agent (Magnesium Chloride)), Leek, Portobello Mushroom, Spring Onion, Onion, Shiitake Mushroom (1.5%), Miso Paste (1%) (White Rice, Soybeans, Salt, Koji Starter), Dried Kombu, Canola Oil, Dried Shiitake Mushroom, Mirin (Water, Glucose, Glucose Syrup, Glutinous Rice, Rice, Koji, Alcohol), Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Sesame Oil, Black Pepper, Garlic. Contains Soybeans, Sesame Seeds.