Salmon Shakshuka w’ Quinoa & Seasonal Roasted Vegetables
|Salmon in Shakshuka sauce||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Sesame sesame seeds
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Lined baking tray
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Add a tin of mixed beans to the salmon shakshuka, and use it to bake some eggs in for an awesome family brunch.
Mix the cooled roasted seasonal vegetables together with the quinoa, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, chopped kale and lemon dressing for a nice cold vegetable salad.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, season your seasonal vegetables with 1Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking tray, and place in the oven to roast for 30 - 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, empty the salmon shakshuka into a saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the quinoa into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the quinoa to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- When the roasted seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them to a serving dish.
- Spoon some hot quinoa into your bowl, top with some salmon shakshuka then add some roasted seasonal vegetables on the side and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the quinoa by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 525g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2820kJ (673Cal)||537kJ (128Cal)|
Ingredients: Red Quinoa (29%) (Red Quinoa, Water), Salmon (19%), Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Brussel Sprouts, Parsnip, Carrot, Sweet Potato, Baby Onion, Green Capsicum, Onion, Tomato Paste (Concentrated Tomato Solids, Acid (Citric Acid)), Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Garlic, Salt (Salt, Anticaking Agent (536)), Coconut Sugar, Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Coriander Powder, Dried Oregano, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper.