Red Wine Bean Casserole w’ Lentils & Seasonal Steamed Vegetables
|Red wine bean casserole||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Fresh sliced chilli
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Deep saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Use the red wine bean casserole as a topping for tortilla chips to create an easy vegan lunch nachos meal.
Lentils go really well with some sauteed zucchini, cherry tomatoes and onions as a great breakfast addition.
Once cooked, steamed vegetables freeze really well until needed.
- Empty the Red wine bean casserole into a shallow saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Place the shallow saucepan over a medium heat and gently bringto a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the shallow saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Place the seasonal vegetables into a steel sieve or steamer, and sit it over a deep saucepan with about 500ml water.
- Cover the deep saucepan and seasonal vegetables with a lid and bring the water to the boil over a high heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, let the seasonal vegetables steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once your steamed seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the heat and carefully transfer them to a serving dish. Season the steamed seasonal vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the lentils into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the lentils to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- Spoon some hot lentils into your bowl, top with the red wine bean casserole then add some steamed seasonal vegetables and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the lentils by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 555g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||1990kJ (476Cal)||359kJ (86Cal)|
Ingredients: Red Quinoa (27%) (Red Quinoa, Water), Cauliflower (27%), Onion, Cannellini Beans (4%), Borlotti Beans (4%), Butter Beans (4%), Black Beans (4%), Carrot, Green Beans, Red Wine (3%), Port (3%), Celery, Tomato Paste (Concentrated Tomato Solids, Acid (Citric Acid)), Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Sesame Seeds, Lemon Zest (0.5%), Garlic, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Coriander Powder, Smoked Paprika, Sea Salt, Dried Thyme, Black Pepper. Contains Sesame Seeds.