Pulled Beef in Broth w’ Brown Rice & Seasonal Steamed Vegetables
|Pulled beef in broth||1 pack|
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Deep saucepan with lid
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Strain the pulled beef out of the broth and mix it with your favourite BBQ sauce for a pulled beef burger lunch.
Use the pulled beef broth as a base to cook some bolognese sauce or add it to a pasta sauce for extra flavour.
Chop up the steamed seasonal vegetables and sauté it in a pan with some olive oil, Mexican spice mix and the brown rice for a healthy burrito filling.
- Empty the pulled beef in broth into a shallow saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Place the shallow saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 - 10 minutes
- Once hot, remove the shallow saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Place the seasonal vegetables into a steel sieve or steamer, and sit it over a deep saucepan with about 500ml water.
- Cover the deep saucepan and seasonal vegetables with a lid and bring the water to the boil over a high heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, let the seasonal vegetables steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once your steamed seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the heat and carefully transfer them to a serving dish. Season the steamed seasonal vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- Spoon some hot rice into your bowl, add some steamed seasonal vegetables then finish with a ladle full of pulled beef in broth and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 525g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2450kJ (586Cal)||467kJ (112Cal)|
Ingredients: Beef Brisket (29%) (Brisket, Brine (Water, Mineral Salt (451, 452), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Antioxidant (316), Spice Extract, Flavour), Brown Rice (29%) (Brown Rice, Water), Water, Broccolini, White Cabbage, Cauliflower Leaves, Green Beans, Beef Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin, Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Natural Vegetable Flavours Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Garlic, Celery), Camila Oil, Caramelised Sugar Syrup (Colour), Extra Virgin Olive Oil).