Pulled Beef Bulgogi w’ Quinoa & Seasonal Steamed Vegetables
|Beef bulgogi||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Deep saucepan with lid
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
The beef bulgogi makes for a great pita pocket filler with some salad leaves and Greek yoghurt.
Mix the steamed seasonal vegetables in with some mashed sweet potato and an egg for a great sweet potato ‘Bubble & Squeak’ mixture. Just shape into patties, lightly dust with some flour and gently fry in a pan to have with a poached egg and some tomato relish.
Mix the quinoa with some pitted dates, peanut butter, cocoa powder, coconut flakes and maple syrup and blend into a protein ball mix to be rolled out and enjoyed before or after your daily workout session.
- Place the seasonal vegetables into a steel sieve or steamer, and sit it over a deep saucepan with about 500ml water.
- Cover the deep saucepan and seasonal vegetables with a lid and bring the water to the boil over a high heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, let the seasonal vegetables steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place a shallow saucepan over a high heat until it gets really hot and begins to smoke.
- Spoon the quinoa into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the quinoa to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up).
- When the shallow saucepan is nice and hot, carefully add the beef bulgogi and stir-fry for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Once your steamed seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the heat and carefully transfer them to a serving dish. Season the steamed seasonal vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hot quinoa into your bowl, top with the stir-fried bulgogi beef then add some steamed seasonal vegetables on the side and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the quinoa by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 475g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2000kJ (477Cal)||420kJ (100Cal)|
Ingredients: Red Quinoa (32%) (Red Quinoa, Water), Beef Brisket (16%) (Brisket, Brine (Water, Mineral Salt (451, 452), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Antioxidant (316), Spice Extract, Flavour), Broccolini, White Cabbage, Nashi Pear, Cauliflower Leaves, Carrot, Green Beans, Spring Onion, Enoki Mushroom, Tamari (Whole Soybeans, Water, Sea Salt, Alcohol), Sesame Oil, Coconut Sugar, Ginger, Gochujang Paste (Corn Syrup, Rice, Water, Red Pepper Mixed Seasoning (Red Pepper Powder, Refined Salt, Garlic, Onion), Red Pepper Powder, Soybean, Refined Salt, Cooking Wine, Contains 2% Or Less Yeast Extract, Glutinous Rice, Oligosaccharide), Garlic. Contains Soybeans, Sesame Seeds.