Mulligatawny w’ Brown Rice & Seasonal Slaw
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Simply serve the Mulligatawny with some poppadoms and tomato salsa for a light lunch meal.
Roughly chop through the seasonal slaw and mix together with the rice, add an egg, 1⁄2 cup of milk, 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour, salt & pepper for a fried rice- cake mixture that the kiddies will love.
- Empty the Mulligatawny into a saucepan, stir in 1⁄4 cup of water and cover with a lid.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.(allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- In the mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon the hot rice into your bowl, top with the Mulligatawny then add some seasonal slaw on the side for a bit of crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 500g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2190kJ (523Cal)||438kJ (105Cal)|
Ingredients: Brown Rice (30%) (Brown Rice, Water), Water, Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), White Cabbage, Carrot, Butternut Squash, Coconut Milk (Coconut Extract, Water), Red Lentils, Green Capsicum, Red Cabbage, Cauliflower Leaves, Onion, Celery, Green Apple, Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1%), White Wine Vinegar, Canola Oil, Maple Syrup, Garlic, Ginger, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Sea Salt, Cumin, Coriander Powder, Curry Powder (Cerebind Meal, Coriander, Turmeric, Mustard Salt, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Chilli, Pepper), Black Pepper. Contains Sesame Seeds.