Moroccan Vegetable Tagine w’ Falafel, Quinoa & Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
|Moroccan vegetable tagine||1 pack|
|Lemon & pepper cauliflower florets||1 pack|
Coconut or natural yoghurt
Fresh chopped parsley
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Lined baking tray
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Use the Moroccan vegetable tagine as a topping for a baked sweet potato lunch with some Greek style yoghurt and freshly chopped herbs.
Roast and chop up the lemon & pepper cauliflower florets and mix it through the quinoa with some spring onions, raisins and walnuts for a great anytime salad.
Falafels are great with any meal and freeze really well until needed.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl season the lemon & pepper cauliflower florets with 1Tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Arrange the seasoned cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking tray, and place in the oven to roast for 12 - 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, empty the Moroccan vegetable tagine into a saucepan, stir in 1⁄2 cup water and cover with the lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, arrange the falafel on top of the tagine mix in the saucepan and cover with the lid once more.
- Place the saucepan over a low heat and let simmer for a further 5 minutes, then turn the heat off and let the pot stand until needed, leaving the lid on.
- Spoon the quinoa into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.(allow the quinoa to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- When the lemon & pepper cauliflower florets are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them to a serving dish.
- Tagine and falafels then add some roasted lemon & pepper cauliflower florets on the side and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the quinoa by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 625g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2860kJ (682Cal)||457kJ (109Cal)|
Ingredients: Red Quinoa (24%) (Red Quinoa, Water), Cauliflower (24%), Falafel (19%) (Chickpeas, Broad Beans, Onion, Mint, Parsley, Garlic, Cumin, Salt, Black Pepper, Canola Oil), Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Red Onion, Chickpeas (Chickpeas (60%), Water, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid)), Green Capsicum, Red Capsicum, Celery, Canola Oil, Raisins (Australian Raisins (99.5%), Sunflower Oil), Dried Apricots (Dried Apricot, Preservative (220)), Lemon Zest (0.5%), Sesame Seeds, Coconut sugar, Red Wine Vinegar, Chipotle Paste (Water, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Chipotle Pepper (3.2%), Carrot, Salt, Onion, Sugar, Safflower Oil, Chili Peppers, Spices, Garlic), Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Garlic, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Chilli Flakes. Contains Sesame Seeds.