Kung Pao Tempeh w’ Brown Rice & Steamed Seasonal Vegetables
|Kung Pao tempeh||1 pack|
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Deep saucepan with lid
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Mix the Kung pao Tempeh with some Hokkien noodles for a quick and easy lunch meal.
The seasonal vegetables work really well as a stir-fry mix by adding some soy sauce, coriander and freshly chopped chilli.
Heat the brown rice in a saucepot with some coconut cream, maple syrup, orange zest and cinnamon for a super quick rice pudding cheat.
- Empty the seasonal vegetables into a steel sieve or steamer, and sit it over a deep saucepan with about 500ml water.
- Cover the deep saucepan and seasonal vegetables with a lid and bring the water to the boil over a high heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, let the seasonal vegetables steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place a shallow saucepan over a high heat until it gets really hot and begins to smoke.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- When your shallow saucepan is nice and hot, carefully empty the Kung Pao and stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Once your steamed seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the heat and carefully transfer them to a serving dish. Season the steamed seasonal vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the hot rice into your bowl, top with the stir-fried Kung Pao Tempeh then add some steamed seasonal vegetables on the side and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 535g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2470kJ (591Cal)||463kJ (110Cal)|
Ingredients: Brown Rice (28%) (Brown Rice, Water), Zucchini, Tempeh (9%) (Soybean (50%), Water, Cider Vinegar, Starter Culture), Broccolini, White Cabbage, Spring Onion, Green Beans, Cauliflower Leaves, Red Capsicum, Green Capsicum, Tamari (Whole Soybeans, Water, Sea Salt, Alcohol), Peanuts, Balsamic, Sesame Oil, Mirin (Water, Glucose, Glucose Syrup, Glutinous Rice, Rice, Koji, Alcohol), Hoisin Sauce (Sugar, Water, Fermented Soybeans (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Rice) (28%), Thickener (1422), Salted Lemon (Lemon, Salt), Red Yeast Rice, Sesame Seed, Garlic, Food Acid (260), Chilli, Salt), Brown Sugar, Cornflour, Sichuan Pepper, Garlic, Ginger, Chilli Flakes Contains Peanuts, Soybeans, Sesame Seeds.