Italian Vegetable Soup w’ Lentils & Seasonal Steamed Vegetables
|Italian Vegetable soup||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Vegan or regular parmersan cheese
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Deep saucepan with lid
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Cook the Italian vegetable soup with the lentils and some ditalini pasta (or any other small pasta shapes) to make a really good minestrone.
Steam the seasonal vegetables and enjoy them as a cold salad with a few olives, cherry tomatoes and homemade French vinaigrette
- Empty the Italian vegetable soup into a shallow saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Place the shallow saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the shallow saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Place the seasonal vegetables into a steel sieve or steamer, and sit it over a deep saucepan with about 500ml water.
- Cover the deep saucepan and seasonal vegetables with a lid and bring the water to the boil over a high heat.
- Once the water begins to boil, let the seasonal vegetables steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once your steamed seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the heat and carefully transfer them to a serving dish. Season the steamed seasonal vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the lentils into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.(allow the lentils to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- Spoon some hot lentils into your bowl, add some steamed seasonal vegetables and then finish with a ladle full of Italian vegetable soup.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the lentils by adding them directly into the soup once its boiled*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 525g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||1670kJ (398Cal)||317kJ (76Cal)|
Ingredients: Green Lentils (29%) (Green Lentils, Water), Water, Chickpeas (Chickpeas (60%), Water, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid)), Broccolini, White Cabbage, Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Swede, Green Beans, Cauliflower Leaves, Button Mushrooms, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Olive Oil, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Garlic, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Dried Thyme, Dried Parsley, Dried Oregano.