Chicken & Mushroom Dashi w’ Lentils & Seasonal Slaw
|Chicken & mushroom dashi||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Fresh sliced chilli
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Add a soft-boiled egg and some Hokkien noodles to the chicken & mushroom dashi and transform it into a creamy ramen for lunch or dinner.
Mix the lentils with some sautéed onions, bacon, a few spices and some cheese and to use as a quesadilla filling for breakfast.
Seasonal slaw makes a great salad sandwich filling with thinly sliced cucumber, fresh coriander some mashed avocado and our tahini dressing.
- Empty the Chicken & mushroom dashi into a saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the lentils into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.(allow the lentils to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- In a mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon the hot lentils into your bowl and ladle on some chicken & mushroom dashi then add some seasonal slaw on the side for a bit of crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the lentils by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 545g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2010kJ (480Cal)||369kJ (88Cal)|
Ingredients: Green Lentils (28%) (Green Lentils, Water), Water, Chicken (11%), Sweetcorn, Button Mushrooms (6%), Red Cabbage, White Cabbage, Cauliflower Leaves, Carrot, Leek, Onion, Miso Paste (White Rice, Soybeans, Salt, Koji Starter), Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1%), White Wine Vinegar, Dried Kombu, Maple Syrup, Dried Shiitake Mushroom (0.5%), Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Mirin (Water, Glucose, Glucose Syrup, Glutinous Rice, Rice, Koji, Alcohol), Chicken Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin, Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Natural Vegetable Flavours, Dehydrated Onion, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Turmeric Ground Madras (Colour)), Sesame Oil, Black Pepper, Garlic, Sea Salt. Contains Soybeans, Sesame Seeds.