Chicken Cacciatore w’ Lentils & Seasonal Slaw
|Chicken Cacciatore||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Freshly sliced chilli
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
The chicken cacciatore works well as a topping for a bake potato or a sauce for a quick pasta dish.
Add 1⁄2 tsp paprika and some chilli flakes to the lentils and bake them at 150C until crispy for a healthy, low fat alternative to nut snacks.
Lightly sauté the seasonal slaw in a pan and crack over 2 eggs for a fun breakfast item
- Empty the chicken cacciatore into a saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the lentils into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.(allow the lentils to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam built-up)
- In the mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon the hot lentils into your bowl, top with some chicken cacciatore then add some seasonal slaw on the side for some crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the lentils by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 490g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2050kJ (490Cal)||419kJ (100Cal)|
Ingredients: Green Lentils (31%) (Green Lentils, Water), Chicken Thigh (17%), Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Carrot, Onion, Cauliflower Leaves, Red Cabbage, White Cabbage, Button Mushrooms, Bacon (Pork (90%), Water, Salt, Sugar, Acidity Regulators (326, 261), Dextrose (Maize), Stabilisers (451, 452), Antioxidant (316), Preservative (250), Wood Smoked), Tomato Paste (Concentrated Tomato Solids, Acid (Citric Acid)), Celery, Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1%), White Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Olives (Green Olives (60%), Water, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Lactic Acid)), Maple Syrup, Garlic, Chicken Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin, Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Natural Vegetable Flavours, Dehydrated Onion, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Turmeric Ground Madras (Colour)), Sea Salt, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Dried Parsley, Dried Oregano, Dried Thyme. Contains Sesame Seeds.