Chicken Birria w’ Brown Rice & Seasonal Roasted Vegetables
|Chicken Birria||1 pack|
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Fresh sliced chilli
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Lined baking tray
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Strain and shred the chicken from the chicken birria up to have as a topping for a pizza.
Add 1 cup chicken stock to the birria sauce and boil with the seasonal vegetables and rice for a chunky vegetable soup.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, season your seasonal vegetables with 1Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking tray, and place in the oven to roast for 30 - 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, empty the chicken birria into a saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot.(allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- When the roasted seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them to a serving dish.When the roasted seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them to a serving dish.
- Spoon some hot rice into your bowl, top with some chicken birria then add some roasted seasonal vegetables on the side and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 450g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2340kJ (558Cal)||519kJ (124Cal)|
Ingredients: Brown Rice (33%) (Brown Rice, Water), Chicken (22%), Carrot, Sweet Potato, Parsnip, Baby Onion, Brussel Sprouts, Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), White Wine Vinegar, Tomato Paste (Concentrated Tomato Solids,Acid (Citric Acid)), Canola Oil, Onion, Ancho Chilli, Olive Oil, Guajillo Chilli, Garlic, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Cascabel Chilli, Sea Salt, Cumin Seeds, Black Pepper, Ground Cinnamon, Cloves, Dried Oregano.