Chermoula Fish Stew w’ Lentils & Seasonal Roast Vegetables
|Chermoula fish stew||1 pack|
|Seasonal vegetables||1 pack|
Fresh chopped parsley
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Lined baking tray
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Add 1 cup chicken stock, a handful fresh mussels, some calamari and 1⁄4 cup paella rice to the chermoula fish stew and simmer together until the rice has cooked through for a great tasting paella alternative.
Leftover roasted seasonal vegetables are a fantastic addition to a breakfast frittata. Just roast them off with the lentils and a few cherry tomatoes, then mix them through 4 eggs, 1⁄2 cup milk and 1⁄4 cup yoghurt. Bake in the oven at 170C until done. Top with some crumbled feta, tomato relish and fresh herbs and serve with toasted sourdough.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a mixing bowl, season your seasonal vegetables with 1Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the seasoned vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking tray, and place in the oven to roast for 30 - 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, empty the chermoula fish stew into a saucepan and cover with the lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the lentils into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the lentils to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- When the roasted seasonal vegetables are ready, remove them from the oven and carefully transfer them to a serving dish.
- Spoon some hot lentils into your bowl, top with some chermoula fish stew then add some roasted seasonal vegetables on the side and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the quinoa by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 563g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2130kJ (509Cal)||379kJ (90Cal)|
Ingredients: Green Lentils (27%) (Green Lentils, Water), Blue Grenadier (Hoki) (12%), Potato, Water, Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Brussel Sprouts, Parsnip, Carrot, Sweet Potato, Baby Onion, Onion, Coriander, Canola Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice (Lemon Juice, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid)), Olives (Green Olives (60%), Water, Salt, Acidity Regulator (Lactic Acid)), Olive Oil, Ginger, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Lemon Zest, Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Sea Salt, Chilli Flakes.