Caribbean Coconut Curry w’ Brown Rice & Seasonal Slaw
|Caribbean coconut curry||1 pack|
|Brown rice||1 pack|
|Seasonal slaw||1 pack|
Mixed nuts and seeds
Microwavable dish with lid
Shallow saucepan with lid
Medium mixing bowl
Salt & pepper
MAKE THIS A BREKKIE/LUNCH OPTION:
Crumble a dozen hard boiled eggs into the Caribbean coconut curry for a lovely curried egg mix Heat and blend the Caribbean coconut curry into a smooth curried dip for some raw vegetable sticks.
Brown rice is great with any meal and freezes well until needed.
Why not add some currants and red wine vinegar to the seasonal slaw for a quick pickled salad mix.
- Empty the Caribbean coconut curry into a saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat and gently bring to a simmer stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Once hot, remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside until needed.
- Spoon the rice into the microwavable dish and cover.
- Place in the microwave on high for 2 minutes or until hot. (allow the rice to stand for 2 minutes before removing the cover as there may be some steam build-up)
- In a mixing bowl, dress the seasonal slaw with 50ml of the tahini dressing then transfer it to a serving dish.
- Spoon the hot rice into your bowl, top with the Caribbean coconut curry and then add the seasonal slaw on the side for a bit of crunchy freshness and enjoy.
*If you don’t have a microwave, you can heat the rice by placing it in a steel sieve or steamer placed over a pot of boiling water. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam for 8 – 10 minutes. Just make sure the sieve or steamer doesn’t come into contact with the water at any point*
Servings per package: 2
Serving size: 475g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||2800kJ (670Cal)||590kJ (141Cal)|
Ingredients: Brown Rice (32%) (Brown Rice, Water), Sweet Potato, Chickpeas (13%) (Chickpeas (60%), Water, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid)), Coconut Cream (10%) (Coconut Extract (76%), Water, Thickener (Guar Gum)), Water, Onion, Carrot, White Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Cauliflower Leaves, Chopped Tomatoes (Peeled Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Acid (Citric Acid)), Canola Oil, Tahini (Sesame Paste) (1.5%), Peanut Butter (Roasted Peanuts (99.3%), Salt), White Wine Vinegar, Coconut Sugar, Maple Syrup, Vegetable Stock (Southern Ocean Sea Salt, Maize Maltodextrin Cane Sugar, Yeast Extract, Dehydrated Vegetables (Onion, Spinach, Cabbage, Garlic, Celery), Natural Vegetable Flavours, Canola Oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil), Garlic, Curry Powder (Cerebind Meal, Coriander, Turmeric, Mustard Salt, Cinnamon, Cumin, Ginger, Chilli, Pepper), Sea Salt, Turmeric, Smoked Paprika, Cayenne Pepper. Contains Peanuts, Sesame Seeds.